Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mission Estonia - Back In The States

I am writing this blog from Ohio! I have a 2 hour layover before I head to Dallas.

Last night was our last night and it was wild. Old Town was packed with people partying hard. I did get to witness to three people and they listened well. It looked like they were really thinking about the gospel, but they weren't quite ready so I didn't push things.

The rest of the night we watched the depravity of man. I don't see how getting perfectly drunk would be any fun. Especially not compared to the kind of fun I had this week. I saw lots of drunkenness, debauchery, sexual immorality and all kinds of other sin. It reminded me how badly people need the life changing grace of Jesus Christ.

As we were about to leave we took one last stroll through the square. We said goodbye to Tom and he walked away. As we watched him leave Nathan said, 'There goes our only missionary in this whole country."

I pray that the Lord will use Tom mightily for the kingdom and I pray that the Lord will call others to come to this great country and great people to share the good news of Christ.

I have to say that of all the mission trips I have been on I think this has been the absolute best. I am a believer in the work going on in Estonia and feel like the Lord has a great plan. Lord willing, I would come back for another trip in a heart beat. I would love it if the Lord opened a door for First Baptist Southlake to have an ongoing relationship with the mission work going on in Estonia.


Scott

3 comments:

Jessie Ann Moser said...

I would like to continue to follow and pray for Tom's efforts in Estonia. Does he write about them anywhere? I would like to continue to read about outreach efforts in Estonia. The Lord has definitely put Estonians on my heart.

Scott Berry said...

Jessie Ann,
Thanks for your interest and comments. Send me an email and I will discuss your questions.
scottberry@fbcsouthlake.com

Scott

The Wittenbergs in Rovaniemi Finland said...

My wife and I served from 03-06 in Tallinn, pastoring the local Salvation Army church there, with a particular emphasis on the poor (Pensioners, children, etc.) Thrills our hearts to hear of your trip there; we long to return; Currently pastoring in Philadelphia