Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mission Estonia - Arrival


Well, I am in Estonia! It took quite a while, but I am here. I missed a connecting flight due to an airline delay and that added 10 hours to the trip. I got to Estonia midnight their time on Saturday night. But, things got started quickly.


A few guys were going to the "party district" (kind of like Deep Ellum, lots of clubs and bars). We passed out evangelistic cards and shared the gospel with lots of people. It amazed me how many people could speak English. I got to share the full gospel with about 20 people. It was really a great time.


A quick note: I hesitate a little to mention these witnessing opportunities. My caution is because I don't want anyone to think that I am some type of super evangelist and that I am just good at this stuff. I am not. I get nervous and tentative and don't know what to say. But, I try and trust the Lord and pray for His boldness, strength and wisdom.


I got a varied response last night. Some people would not even take the card I handed out. Some I got to talk to and share the gospel and they seemed real interested. Others were not interested and one guy was even a bit hostile in tone. But, it was great to be involved on any level.


Here are some other first day notes:

- When I went to bed at 4 a.m. Estonia time I had been up for 40 hours.

- It does not get dark at night! The sun set at 10 pm and rising again by 3:30 a.m.!


More to come, keep praying.


Scott

2 comments:

Jessie Ann Moser said...

I have a friend at work who is from Estonia. I gave him a copy of the 4 spiritual laws and would ask that you pray for him, as I will also pray for your mission trip. I tried to leave a comment before but I must have done something wrong. Know that I am reading your blog and am a prayer partner, having stumbled upon your blog quite by accident.

Scott Berry said...

Jessie Ann,

Thank you for your prayers. I will pray for your friend.