Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Show Me The Money


I don't do many posts about politics, but I was thinking about something and thought I would share my findings.

The government is debating a financial bailout. The politicians are batting around figures of about 800 billion$$$$. Whoa. Of course that bailout money would go to financial institutions, banks, and a myriad of political pet projects. (I don't think this is a good idea to begin with.)

Here is an alternative. The population of USA is about 300 million. What if the government gave the bailout money to every person. That would be a check for about $2,700 per person. That is for everyone. Every man, woman, and child. So, for a household of 4 they would get $10,800. That sure would bail me out.

No, I am not now nor ever running for office.

No comments: