Monday, March 10, 2008

Jesus, Thank You

I've noticed that many of my blogs are critiques of various issues and things. That is necessary, but I also want start showing that there are some things out there that are good and right.

I am very picky about worship music. I recently stumbled across a great song by Sovereign Grace Ministries and Bob Kauflin. It is a great worship song, about propitiation called "Jesus, Thank You." If I knew how to upload audio to this blog I would put it on here. I don't so here are the lyrics.



The mystery of the cross I cannot comprehend,
The agonies of Calvary.
You, the Perfect Holy One, crushed Your Son,
Drank the bitter cup reserved for me.

Your blood has washed away my sin,
Jesus, thank You.
The Father’s wrath completely satisfied,
Jesus, thank You.
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table,
Jesus, thank You.

By Your perfect sacrifice I’ve been brought near,
Your enemy made Your friend.
Pouring out the riches of Your glorious grace,
Your mercy and your kindness know no end.

Your blood has washed away my sin,
Jesus, thank You.
The Father’s wrath completely satisfied,
Jesus, thank You.
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table,
Jesus, thank You.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott,

Stephen here from your old North Euless days. I have to agree with you -- that is indeed a beautiful song.

I happened to stumble across your blog through your church's website and have really enjoyed reading your thoughts/comments. I'd love to hear from you some more and maybe catch up on old times. I actually live in Southlake a few miles from your church but my wife and I attend FBC Colleyville. Send me an e-mail, Scott at strumminminister@swbell.net -- I look forward to hearing back. You can also check out my myspace that I listed below.

Sincerely,
Stephen

Anonymous said...

do you have the guitar chords for this song?

Scott Berry said...

You can get the full sheet music for a small fee from musicnotes.com

Anonymous said...

I've worked out the chords from listening to Youtube, email me if you'd like them in a Word document.
It's in G if that gets you going!
emilylane@dodo.com.au

Lovely blog, nice to find it.
Glory to God.
Emily

Anonymous said...

Was looking for this song to see who it was by and came across your blog, really amazing song that turns my heart and mind towards God and all that he has done and is doing in my life today!! It is such a priviledge to be seated at His table, for so unworthy we are!!
Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

You came up first on Google when I was looking for the words to this song to use for our family Thanksgiving celebration today in Dallas! Thanks, nice blogsite too!

VanDiepen said...

Great song. I am a summer missionary with Child Evangelism Fellowship and learned this song through that and am now looking for the full words and guitar chords and piano if there is any. Thanks for posting this blog and to everyone else for your helpful comments.

God Bless