Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dying To Preach


This is the question every pastor needs to ask as he prepares his sermons, "am I 'Dying to Preach'"?

That question is not about a desire, but a lifestyle.

That is also the title of Dr. Steven Smith's new book on preaching. I am blessed to have Dr. Smith as a professor and to have read an advanced manuscript of this book. It is not a fun book! I say that as a compliment. Being called of God to preach His Holy Word requires the death of the preacher. Not just once, but on a weekly basis.

The call to preach is a call to die. That is the theme of Dr. Smith's book and one that I highly recommend.

You can purchase the book online in many places, and here.

P.S. I did not write this to kiss up to my prof, but if it helps, all the better.

No comments: