Thursday, March 19, 2009

No Coincidence


Coincidence defined = a chance occurring of events

I often here the phrase "divine appointments". Today I had one. It was not coincidence because it was not an event that occurred by chance, but by the divine providence of God.

I went to study for my message this Sunday at the local Star Bucks. Before I went there I felt like I needed to go have a quiet time with the Lord. The day before I had noticed this park that I hadn't been to before near Star Bucks. So, I walked up and found a nice bench to sit on for just a few minutes.

I hadn't been there for 2 minutes when this 19 year old guy walks right up to where I was, and sat on the bench across from me. At first, I was a little put off that my alone time was being interrupted.

I asked the guy "how's it going?" and was surprised what happened next. This guy began to tell me how awful his life is, how he was tired, lost his job, and his life was just falling apart.

Of course while he is telling me this I am thinking that this guy was sent here so I could share Christ with him. I began by telling him that it is not a coincidence that we should both meet here. God had a plan.

I did get to share with him but he only had a couple of minutes, so it was somewhat abbreviated. I also don't think it was chance that when I was right in the middle of the gospel his phone started ringing. The enemy didn't want him to hear the gospel.

I did get to share with him and he also let me pray for him right there. He had to leave but I couldn't help thanking God for the divine appointment He allowed me to participate in. I wonder how many of those I have missed over the years because I wasn't open to where the Lord was at work?

Please pray for this guy. He really needs the Lord.

No comments: