Monday, October 6, 2008

Given The Finger






Life Chain 2008




Yesterday afternoon I participated in the Southlake Life Chain for the second year in a row. I really like this pro-life organization and this event. It is simple, to the point, and done with great class. The basic idea is to hold up pre-approved prolife signs along the sidewalk of Southlake Boulevard. Each person is spaced about 15 feet apart with their sign. The chain stretched from Kimball Avenue westward all the way to the Town Square. It was quite a nice visual effect.


Why did I do this? Because the bible is clear about the sanctity of human life. We are made in the image of God and the taking of innocent life is a violation of that sanctity and the image of God. The taking of innocent human life is a sin. I have believed, taught, and preached those biblical truths - but I can do more. I need to exercise my obligation as a believer and my right as an American to speak out against what the Bible condemns.


How do people respond? There is no way to really gauge if this is effective. But if it helps one person choose life instead of abortion it is worth it. It also might make some people mad. My favorite moment of the event was when a guy on a motorcycle roared past the entire chain with his middle finger protruded in our direction. God bless America!

No comments: